Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Merging NetBackup catalogs

2001-10-01 10:36:16
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Merging NetBackup catalogs
From: Sivaselvam.Cn AT sanrise DOT com (Cn, Sivaselvam)
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 07:36:16 -0700
Hi all:

I am trying to merge two different NetBackup master servers A and B. The A
is a master server and media server. B is a master server. I have taken the
catalog DB backup of B and did a 'bprecover' on A.  I have added the master
server name of B as an alias in the bp.conf  and /etc/hosts file of the A.
I also moved all my media from B to A. After merging  I see the classes and
clients of both A and B and media of B. I do a robotic reinventory with  A
as master server. Now I got the media of A too. But all the volume pool info
from A are missing.

Can someone tell mw where I am going wrong?

To recover the volume pools of A I restored the catalog backup of A I had
backed up earlier. Now I lose the volume pool info of B.

What is the way to merge the catalogs without losing the volume pool info.

Sivaselvam CN
Senior Solutions Engineer
S.A.N.Ware Storage Solutions, Pvt. Ltd.
a sanrise[TM] company
Tel: +91 80 665 9503 X 2010
sivaselvam.cn AT sanrise DOT com
www.sanrise.com

NOTICE:  This e-mail message and any attachment hereto contain confidential
and proprietary information
 for the sole limited use of the intended recipient.  Any review or
distribution by others is strictly prohibited,
and all rights arising upon unauthorized distribution are hereby reserved in
full.  If you are not the intended
recipient of this communication, please contact the sender and delete all
copies immediately.  Thank you
for your cooperation.