Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Incrementals between classes

2001-09-24 10:53:51
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Incrementals between classes
From: fx AT veritas DOT com (fx [François-Xavier Peretmere])
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 16:53:51 +0200

 first, Full / Incremental relation is only in the class.

 second, if running tranversal incremental for the same client
on Windows platform with the "Use Archive Bit" option on, what you're
going to backup is unpredictable, as it depends of the order the
schedules are running.
 as an incremental differential fe. resets the archive bit, if you
run two Incr. Diff. from different class on the same data, the first
is going to be ok, but the second is going to backup nothing, as
all archive bits has been cleared by the first.
 things will be different if turning off the "Use Archive Bit" option,
but other problem may arise.

 the point is, do not use several incremental from different classes
on the same piece of data.

 hth && amicalement,
                    fx

#include <VRTS/std_disclaimer.h>
--
      fx AT veritas DOT com      | Having been erased,
François-Xavier Peretmere | The document you're seeking