Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Slow Backups

2001-09-20 11:21:22
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Slow Backups
From: TWGIBBAR AT up DOT com (TWGIBBAR AT up DOT com)
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 10:21:22 -0500
I wanted to run the following scenario by everyone: (This problem is
sporadic)

A backup will be running along at around 20 - 25 GB per hour.  The tape
will fill up and mount a scratch tape.  The backup will now write to tape
at approx. 1 GB per hour.  It's never on the same tape drive and it's
happened on all our different platforms (HP, AIX, and NT Media servers).
Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be taking place?  We have one
tape pool for all the different Media Servers.  Should we have a separate
tape pool for all of the Media Servers?  Is there possibly a configuration
in the bp.conf that I'm missing?  Any thoughts or ideas will be deeply
appreciated.

Thanks,
Terry