Veritas-bu

[Fwd: [Veritas-bu] NetApp backups and multi drives]

2001-09-17 16:40:22
Subject: [Fwd: [Veritas-bu] NetApp backups and multi drives]
From: jlkennedy AT amcc DOT com (Jeff Kennedy)
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 13:40:22 -0700
I guess that's the question, does it need to lock the drive if no other
filer is trying to access it?  I'm thinking along these lines:

filer1 - 6 drives configured for nrst0a thru nrst5a

filer2 - same

I can load a tape into each of the drives and each filer will see it (mt
-f nrstxa status), so every filer sees every drive already.

So, if filer1 is backing up to all 6 drives, and filer2 is not trying to
backup anything, filer1 would use all 6 successfully.  When filer1 was
finished filer2 could use the same 6 drives as long as filer1 was not
trying to access those drives.

Is this incorrect?

~JK