Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Q: on Diagnostic Tools

2001-09-13 19:23:17
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Q: on Diagnostic Tools
From: VChristiansen AT geico DOT com (Christiansen, Valor)
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 19:23:17 -0400
Netbackup 3.4 running under Solaris 2.6.  Does anyone know of any
diagnostics that I can turn on in Netbackup to see the raw information that
flows between a library and Netbackup?  I am having problems with Netbackup
understanding how to address the E/E function of my library.  The element
address for the mailslot that Veritas is using is a negative number.
Veritas swears I have a microcode problem but can't/won't give me any data
to support this contention.  I have discussed this with the Library vendor,
and they requested that I send them the mode-sense buffer returned to
Netbackup when the mode-sense command is issued.  Only I don't see any way
to gather this information.  I tried running a truss to follow the tldtest
as it executed, but the information does not show up in the trace.

TIA,

Val Christiansen