Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] how to mount a tape and tell NetBackup to use it for file restore

2001-09-12 15:01:15
Subject: [Veritas-bu] how to mount a tape and tell NetBackup to use it for file restore
From: david AT xbpadm-commands DOT com (David A. Chapa)
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 14:01:15 -0500
Your procedure should be as follows:

After you get the message that a tape needs to be mounted.

You need to physically move the tape to the tape library, then inventory the
tape library so that the tape has a resident in a slot somewhere in your
tape library.

Once that is complete, you would want to open up the Device Monitor and
resubmit the pending request for your tape mount.    When you resubmit, NBU
will check to see if the residence of the tape is in the library, the it
will mount the tape for you.

IF you don't have barcodes, you should still be able to use these steps.
The only problem you will run into is if you manually move tapes around in
your library.  Since there is no external barcode, the library is unable to
verify contents.

I hope this helps

David

David A. Chapa
NetBackup Consultant
DataStaff, Inc.
http://www.consulting.datastaff.com
847 413 1144
NBU-LSERV AT datastaff DOT com - Adv. Scripting
http://www.xbpadm-commands.com