Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Tape Alert w/STK 9710

2001-09-10 13:49:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Tape Alert w/STK 9710
From: Alex.Alonzo AT trw DOT com (Alonzo, Alex)
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 10:49:26 -0700
To All
Is there anyone who has setup Tape Alert successfully on a STK 9719's talking
to NB 3.4 running
Solaris 2.6 on a Sun E-450.
I set up the barcode rules for two cleaning tapes CLN012 & CLN013 one per
robot, the output of the
vmquery command shows both tapes are in DB w/media type of DLT cleaning tapes.
I had STK come
out last week and disable AUTO_CLEAN on the robot, now when I view the
configuration this feature
has been disabled. We got three messages the first night about dirty drives but
the auto clean failed,
we now don't get any messages in the messages log about dirty drives we have to
watch for the dirty
light indicator on each drive, then do a manual cleaning.
I have recycled the NB daemons and the STK with no luck, is it possible that
our drives "Quantum
DLT7000" don't support this Tape Alert Log Sense ? ?

Alexander Alonzo
E-Enterprise
TRW Space & Electronics Group

*? alex.alonzo AT trw DOT com