Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Veritas BUG explained - Java GUI dates

2001-09-08 15:54:15
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Veritas BUG explained - Java GUI dates
From: ysbrand AT usa DOT net (ysbrand bergman)
Date: 8 Sep 2001 20:54:15 MET DST
All,

I'm really wondering if this has anything to do with the fact that UNIX will
pass it's 1000000000 seconds boundary on Sunday:

[u3433] / # date +%s
999974933

[u3433] / # date -s 999999999
Sun Sep  9 03:46:39 MEST 2001

In case anyone is using the NBU timestamps in a 9 digits field: you are
warned!

Ysbrand