Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RE: Tape Alert Setup

2001-09-06 20:09:49
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RE: Tape Alert Setup
From: larry.cadloff AT veritas DOT com (Larry Cadloff)
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 20:09:49 -0400
There's really no configuration to do. Once Netbackup knows that it has a
cleaning tape in the library, it will automatically react to a Tapealert.
The feature is permanently turned "on". If you also want to do scheduled
cleaning, you can set it up using tpclean as you've already done; the two
cleaning methods won't interfere with each other.

As you pointed out, of course, not every library, drive, firmware revision,
etc. fully supports Tapealert; most do, though. I don't know about your
specific case.

-- Larry Cadloff
   Senior Consultant, VERITAS Software
   (617)529-4433