Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Jobs won't start unless Device Monitor Service daemon is recycled

2001-09-06 11:55:52
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Jobs won't start unless Device Monitor Service daemon is recycled
From: Charles.Walker AT dbpr.state.fl DOT us (Walker, Charles)
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 11:55:52 -0400
Hello:

Jobs will not kick off, manually or scheduled, unless the Device Monitor
Service Daemon is stopped and started.  Through Backup Policy Management I
can schedule manual backups but they don't show up in Activity Monitor until
I recycle the Daemon.  As soon as the daemon starts up the jobs show up in
the activity monitor as queued and proceed normally.

I can schedule manual backups while there are current backups running and
they will show up in the Activity Monitor and function properly, however
once all activity stops I have to recycle the daemon for any other backups
to register.

Why would this happen all of a sudden?

--charles