Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SCSI reset errors and downed drives

2001-09-05 09:36:07
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SCSI reset errors and downed drives
From: dayalsd AT lycos DOT com (dayal singh)
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2001 08:36:07 -0500
NBU GURUs,
                          We are continuously experiencing SCSI reset erros and
the drives are being downed on some of the drives.  Most of the time it happens
on the specific drives, sometimes it affects other drives also. I am running
NBU DataCenter 3.4 on HP-UX 11.0, N-class machine and I have twenty  Quantum
DLT8000 drives, connected through fiber to a SureStore L700 tape library over
HP fiber-scsi bridges. The bridges have a firmware of 4040.

Anyone has seen these errors, any fixes i.e patches etc  ?

Y'r resonse is greatly appreciated.

TIA

Dayal

Get 250 color business cards for FREE!