Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Unwarranted STATUS 59 Error on Novell Target Client

2001-09-05 08:44:58
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Unwarranted STATUS 59 Error on Novell Target Client
From: dfdwyer AT tecoenergy DOT com (Dennis Dwyer)
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2001 08:44:58 -0400
I have a problem that's bothering me right now and I can't solve it.

The NetTech server group swapped out a Novell server last week and replaced it
with a new server. It was a straight disk-to-disk copy process and the server
kept the same name (bga-jacks-novell-srv) and was to be backed up by the same
NetBackup server that had always backed it up (dcnbusrv). It seems that since
this swap out, I keep getting a STATUS 59 indicating that the master server is
not authorized. I have performed the troubleshooting techniques described in
the Troubleshooting Guide to no avail. I'm hoping it's a "Can't see the forest
for the trees" thing and somebody out there can tell me where I might be going
astray.

As I said, this is a Novell client (Target Version) so I doubt there will be
too many people interested. If I get no response here I guess I'll open an
official question with Veritas. I did delete and redefine the SERVER target on
the Novell client but that had no effect. I have all the pertinent logs, ini
files and tgt files if anyone would be interested in seeing them. I would be
interested in any ideas that you may have. I sure can't figure it out.  Also,
there have been no confessed changes to the network environment.

If you care to see the logs, let me know and I'll e-mail them to you. I tried
posting everything to this list yesterday but there is a size restriction.

Regards & Thanks,
Dennis

Quote: "Time is not a test of the truth"
Translation: Just because you've always done it that way, doesn't make it right

Dennis F. Dwyer
Enterprise Storage Manager
Tampa Electric Company

(813) 225-5181  - Voice