Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Long Ruuning Database BAckup

2001-08-31 07:42:44
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Long Ruuning Database BAckup
From: Brian_Drager AT Vanguard DOT com (Brian_Drager AT Vanguard DOT com)
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 07:42:44 -0400
Since we can only get a database backup once a week because we can't back up
everything we have in 24 hrs we have to cancel our backups that are running on
Thursday so that we can get a database backup. This is the question I have. I
know th DB clean will take a while because it's doing a weeks worth of deleting.
Once the database backup starts and mounts the tape it takes another 7 +
additional hours for it to complete. Is this neormal? The file system  for
/opt/openv is 93 gig of used space with a capacity of 153 gig.

Thanks