Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] media mount timeout

2001-08-30 21:42:00
Subject: [Veritas-bu] media mount timeout
From: dayalsd AT lycos DOT com (dayal singh)
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 20:42:00 -0500
NBU GURU's,
             This is a simple question. How do I set the media mount time out ?

I already made the following entry

MEDIA_MOUNT_TIMEOUT = 300

But Media mount is not timing out. My reason for doing this is to time out the
duplicates. When I do duplications, if the media id is in use(if a backup is
running) or if the media id is not in the tape library, the duplication process
waits forever till the media is freed. i want to timeout the media mount for
the duplication, so that I can run the duplication again to cover the skipped
images.

How does Bpvault handles this problem ?

I appreciate y'r response

TIA