Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How to reuse tapes in another backup application?

2001-08-29 09:09:41
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How to reuse tapes in another backup application?
From: steve.woodard AT arrisi DOT com (steve.woodard AT arrisi DOT com)
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 09:09:41 -0400
And I think that is exactly out problem... not one of software
incompatibility, but the fact that at the same time as the backup software
change, we switched from DLT4000 drives to DLT7000 drives.

Thanks for the help.  I haven't tried it yet, but I think I know what the
problem is now.

Steve

                    [email protected]

                    om                   To:     steve.woodard AT arrisi DOT
com
                                         cc:

                    08/27/01             Subject:     Re: [Veritas-bu] How to
reuse tapes in another backup application?
                    07:31 PM

Do you have a standalone tape drive hooked up to an Arcserve server?

If so... stick it in the drive and format it with the Arcserve software.

It might display a cleaning light but that should disappear after
formatting.

I used to do this with Arcserve when I was changing drive compressions
DLT4000
to DLT7000.

Good luck