Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backup routing

2001-08-27 11:58:20
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backup routing
From: David A. Chapa" <david AT xbpadm-commands DOT com (David A. Chapa)
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 08:58:20 -0700 (PDT)
I believe you are looking for REQUIRED_INTERFACE.  I
don't have a machine in front of me, or manuals for
that matter, but I would start there.  I think it will
solve your problem.

You can find it in your NBU ADmin Guide.

David

Quoting Chris Adolf <chris_adolf AT rac.ray DOT com>:

> Goodmorning,
>     This weekend we added an additional NIC to our
backup servers for
> monitoring through HP Openview.  It is only an hme
card and the other
> interfaces intended for the backups are ge cards.
Over the weekend
> several of our backups failed with an error of 56
because they were
> trying to backup through the hme card  and that
hostname is not in the

> bp.conf.  Is there a way to tell Netbackup to ignore
a specific
> interface, or can someone explain to me how it
selects the interface
> when backing up.  The majority of our clients have an
interface on the

> same subnet as the backup servers and don't have a
problem, the ones
> that don't have a direct connect to the same subnet
are the problem
> children.
>
> Server info:
>     Solaris 2.6
>     NBU 3.4
>
> Any help would be appreciated, unfortunately, static
routes are not an

> option.
> Thanks,
> Chris

bu

David A. Chapa
Consulting Manager
DataStaff, Inc.
847 413 1144
http://www.consulting.datastaff.com
http://www.xbpadm-commands.com
NBU-LSERV AT datastaff DOT com - Adv. Scripting