Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How to reuse tapes in another backup application?

2001-08-27 08:47:12
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How to reuse tapes in another backup application?
From: steve.woodard AT arrisi DOT com (steve.woodard AT arrisi DOT com)
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 08:47:12 -0400
Due to a change in ownership of our parent company, we are being forced to
change from Netbackup (3.2) to ARCserve as our backup software.  The
ARCserve application won't use the media previously written to by Netbackup
and the ARCserver folks haven't been any help. (ya' get what you pay for!)
Does anyone know how to get rid of what ever it is that NetBackup wrote to
the tapes that make other apps like to them?  We've tried mt, dd, and tar,
to erase and/or write over the tapes with no luck.

Thanks,

Steve Woodard
System Administrator, Arris Broadband Group
steve.woodard AT arrisi DOT com
Phone:  919.905.2028
Fax:      919.905.8313