Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SQL client - status code 54

2001-08-24 06:37:16
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SQL client - status code 54
From: darkburst AT yahoo DOT com (effendy yahaya)
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 03:37:16 -0700 (PDT)
Hi,

NBU Data center 3.4 GA, database extension SQL.
master, media and client sittin on Win2K.
SAN environment, TL891 Compaq minilibrary.

I had installed SQL extension to a client and on top
of microsoft cluster. The ODBC and SQL client
configuration are basically on the same setting for
both cluster and non-cluster machine.  Unfortunately,
the client machine (non-cluster) can't do the backup.
Basically, from the OS fullbackup it's works fine.
SQL backup had give me a status code 54 as below:

timed out connecting to client
------------------------------
The server could not complete the connection to the
client. The accept system call timed out after 60
seconds.

I have checked the network routing, hostname and also
did increased the client connect timeout to 1800
seconds on the clients, master and media machine.
I'm configured this client to get the
DOMAIN/Administrator grant privilledges for both NBU
and SQL services.

What was the really problem ? Do I need to increase
the page cache or what ? I did turn on and configure
the OTM for the basic need for that machine.

Best regards,
Effendy Yahaya