Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Unix or NT?

2001-08-23 12:40:02
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Unix or NT?
From: dmonjar AT orgtek DOT com (Daniel Monjar)
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 12:40:02 -0400
not meaning to start a war here... and being a Unix bigot I might
already know the answer but, does Datacenter 3.4 on Unix offer
significant advantages over 3.4 on NT?

I am close to rolling out 3.4 in my production environment.  When the
project was initiated our direction was Unix and NT for the production
servers.  The master server is Compaq Tru64 Unix 5.1 and it was to be
backing up NT and Unix file systems as well as SQL Server, Oracle, and
Exchange databases.  My company was acquired on 7/1/01 and overnight
Unix and Oracle were gone as far as the production environment.

I can keep the Unix master server but it would only make sense to do
so if the Unix system were significantly better than the NT.

Any thoughts?

--
Daniel Monjar (mailto:dmonjar AT orgtek DOT com)