Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Using more than two Catalog Backup tapes?

2001-08-22 18:16:04
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Using more than two Catalog Backup tapes?
From: kovar AT ciena DOT com (Kovar, David)
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 15:16:04 -0700
Greetings,

We'd like to send the most recent catalog backup tape off site with our full
dumps each Monday morning. There doesn't appear to be any need to keep it
offsite for more than two weeks since the next full dump will go with a more
recent copy of the catalog.

I can put multiple tapes in the NetBackup volume pool, but I cannot
configure the system to use more than two tapes - Media 1 and Media 2. This
means that I need to reconfigure the catalog backups each Monday to reflect
the current tapes that I'd like to use. This isn't a major headache, but I
am trying to make this as hands off as possible.

Is there any way to get NetBackup to use more than two catalog tapes
automatically?

-David