Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Migration of Master server

2001-08-22 16:49:12
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Migration of Master server
From: Alexander.Lenderman AT morganstanley DOT com (Alexander Lenderman)
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 16:49:12 -0400
I did migration from Netbackup NT server to Solaris.
I had to use ftp because of PC  ^M characters and ftp took very long time
because of the database size.
Migration from Solaris to HP should be a little easier.
You need just to copy the /usr/openv/netbackup/db and /usr/openv/volmgr/database
directories to the same location on your new server,
change bp.conf files, update volume manager host for robot
(you can use xdevadm -> Robots -> Change VM hosts), run vmglob -set_gdbhost
<new_DB_host>
That's all I can remember. Of course, you need to run a test restore to verify
the move.

Good luck,

Alex lenderman
Morgan Stanley