Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SQL 7 Question

2001-08-21 13:17:44
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SQL 7 Question
From: ntrbtr AT yahoo DOT com (bob krane)
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 10:17:44 -0700 (PDT)
Hello,
We just purchased the Data Center Edition of
Netbackup. We are running Windows 2000, SQL 7 servers.
We have a database that we expect to grow beyond
several terabytes. My question is if there is a way to
restore single rows of the database if they get
deleted rather than restore the entire database? I
know on UNIX with the Oracle agent you can back up the
database using block level incrementals so you are
only backing up the changed blocks. Is there an
efficient way to back up SQL 7 machines so that you
can avoid restoring an entire database to restore a
couple of rows?
Thanks