Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] oprd -sockfd 5 -nosig -verbose

2001-08-21 11:28:27
Subject: [Veritas-bu] oprd -sockfd 5 -nosig -verbose
From: Douglas.Ritschel AT fnc.fujitsu DOT com (Douglas Ritschel)
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 11:28:27 -0400
I've tried etc/rc0.d/K77netbackup a bunch of times. It is unable to stop
ltid, so I have to manually kill it.
After killing ltid manually, K77netbackup and bp.kill_all are eventually
able to stop the rest of the Media Manager daemons. Whent I restart, to
same problem exists.

"Jones, Peter" wrote:

> I've had a similar problem although never found out what the cause was. To
> resolve it I killed all the netbackup and media manager processes using the
> /etc/rc0.d/K77netbackup script on each server and then started the process
> with /etc/rc2.d/S77netbackup. This sorted the problem out.
> Regards
> Peter Jones

Douglas Ritschel
Fujitsu Network Communications