Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backing Up Oracle Using RMAN Without Using Verit as DB Extensions

2001-08-14 20:34:38
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backing Up Oracle Using RMAN Without Using Verit as DB Extensions
From: MarelP AT AUSTRALIA.Stortek DOT com (Marelas, Peter)
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 10:34:38 +1000
Its possible to put the db in hot backup mode, take a snapshot of the
filesystems, put the db in
non-hot backup mode, and mount/backup the snapshots of the filesystems using
Netbackup.
You still want to backup your archive logs normally, if you use them.

There is snapshot now with Solaris 8 and some patches (fssnap).
Alternatively you could get hardware snapshots with STK SVA.

Regards
Peter Marelas