Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] assign a tape specifically for weekly backups

2001-08-13 20:06:05
Subject: [Veritas-bu] assign a tape specifically for weekly backups
From: dwang AT grandcentral DOT com (Dong Wang)
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 17:06:05 -0700
Hello,

We are using the NetBackup DataCenter to do daily incremental and weekly
full backups. Now we want to store the weekly full backups off site. How do
I assign an empty tape every week to be used for the weekly full backup so
it won't have images from other backup sessions? Another question is how to
prevent other backup sessions to write images to this tape? For example, I
will get the tape of last Saturday's full backup this Tuesday, but I do not
want Sunday, Monday's backup images to be written on that tape.

Your help is greatly appreciated.