Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] AIX 4.1, NB client 3.2 and NetBackup 3.4 ?

2001-08-13 09:20:43
Subject: [Veritas-bu] AIX 4.1, NB client 3.2 and NetBackup 3.4 ?
From: BRohloff.CSC AT SIKORSKY DOT COM (Rohloff, Brent CSC)
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 09:20:43 -0400
Hi,

I have loaded the older client, NetBackup 3.2 on a couple of AIX 4.1
servers.
Occasionally they don't kill the bpbkar process when a job fails,
 and with multistreaming, I can have 30 processes still open when I came in
Monday morning.

We have had to reboot the servers to clear all the processes.
The Master and Media servers are Solaris 2.6, DataCenter 3.4

For now, I put them in a class with no multistreaming, no multiplexing.

Has anyone else seen this ?

Can I copy bpkill -all from a server and use it on a client ?

Thanks,
Brent Rohloff
UNIX Admin.
CSC at Sikorsky Aircraft