Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Upgrade from NBU Business server to NBU Datacenter

2001-08-11 13:41:37
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Upgrade from NBU Business server to NBU Datacenter
From: curtis AT backupcentral DOT com (W. Curtis Preston)
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2001 10:41:37 -0700
At 06:16 AM 8/11/2001 -0700, Mike kiles wrote:
>Hello
>
>I am preparing for an upgrade from Business Server to
>NBU Datacenter, on the same master server (Solaris). I
>would like to know, if any body has done this before
>and wat are the major steps, sepecifically:
>
>- Do I have to install NBU Datacenter, or is it just a
>new license add?

You need to install it.  There are some things missing in the Business
Server version.  For example, I believe the X stuff is gone.

>- What happens to the NBU catalogue, do I need to make
>any chages here?

Nope.

>- We will be discarding the stacker and using a new
>tape library, so I have to configure the devices.
>
>- Are patches the same for Business server and
>Datacenter?

No.  You'll want to upgrade datacenter as soon as you install it.

---
W. Curtis Preston
Principal Consultant for Storage Designs,   your storage experts
Voice: 760 710 7017                            Fax: 760 710 7019
Webmaster: http://www.backupcentral.com curtis AT backupcentral DOT com