Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES vs. /(root) and cross mount poi nts option

2001-08-07 17:17:28
Subject: [Veritas-bu] ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES vs. /(root) and cross mount poi nts option
From: rob AT worman DOT org (Rob Worman)
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 14:17:28 -0700 (PDT)
> >>At 07:59 AM 8/6/2001 -0700, David A. Chapa wrote:
> >>C:
> >>
> >>There was a post some time ago about this very point.
> >>
> >>If you used ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES and the first fs type is
> >>backed up was VxFS and the subsequent fs types were
> >>different it would not backup the different type.
> >>
> >>I'm sure if someone did a search of the archives it
> >>would be discovered...I don't have the time now.
> >>
> >>I also had a student of mine bring it up during an Adv.
> >>NBU Class.

Well in looking back at the images db files on an NBU 3.4 master
server, I noticed an ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES client that DOES happen to back
up a vxfs filesystem first - and then it backs up ufs filesystems with
no apparent problems.

So I'm planting the flag (and then I'll stop worrying about it):

    A backup stream in NetBackup 3.4 has no problem backing up a vxfs
    filesystem followed by a ufs filesystem.

Maybe it was a problem with an older version...

rob