Veritas-bu

[[Veritas-bu] INCOMPATIBLE MEDIUM?]

2001-08-07 17:50:10
Subject: [[Veritas-bu] INCOMPATIBLE MEDIUM?]
From: ysbrand AT usa DOT net (ysbrand bergman)
Date: 7 Aug 2001 22:50:10 MET DST
Dean,

I've seen the incompatible medium error when in a STK 9730 where the labels on
the cartridges were not correctly read. The Library didn't recognize them as
type d tapes and thus decided that they were compatible with the DLT7000 drive
in the unit. What you actually will see is that the library not even attempts
to mount the tape, but "complains" right away.

Check if you are using the right type of labels for your 9840 tapes. e.g. are
these really 9840 labels? Make sure that the labels are not upside down, some
STK units will also read upside down labels some not. I'm not sure about how
the 9710 handle them.

Hope this helps a bit...

Ysbrand