Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES vs. /(root) and cross mount poi nts option

2001-08-07 15:25:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES vs. /(root) and cross mount poi nts option
From: curtis AT backupcentral DOT com (W. Curtis Preston)
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 12:25:31 -0700
I don't know how valid the tests are unless you use ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES
WITHOUT any include or exclude lists.
You'd need to force it to do the vxfs filesystems first.  I don't know if
NetBackup parses the mnttab or the vfstab, though.

If they parse the vfstab, you could easily hack it to put the vxfs
filesystem first in the list.
If they parse mnttab, you could hack that, but I'd do it on a test system. ;)

Anyone?

At 07:58 AM 8/7/2001 -0700, Rob Worman wrote:
>the above testing was on an NBU 3.4 system.  Maybe 3.4 doesn't like to
>have a "*" exclude_list?
>
>On an NBU 3.2 system, I tested similarly:
>test class backs up ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES
>
>exclude_list contains:
>*
>
>include_list contains:
>/usr/openv    [vxfs]
>/opt          [ufs]
>/var          [ufs]
>
>No matter what I did, all filesystems backed up with a status 0.  If I
>look closely at the db image file, I see that it backed up the vxfs
>filesystem first and then had no trouble backing up the ufs one.
>
>So my skepticism of this problem grows - anyone care to challenge me
>with their own tests?

---
W. Curtis Preston
Principal Consultant for Storage Designs,   your storage experts
Voice: 760 710 7017                            Fax: 760 710 7019
Webmaster: http://www.backupcentral.com curtis AT backupcentral DOT com