Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] error code 58 on Red Hat Linux 7.1

2001-08-07 08:52:49
Subject: [Veritas-bu] error code 58 on Red Hat Linux 7.1
From: gregory.floro AT photobition DOT com (Gregory Floro)
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 08:52:49 -0400
Have you added the following to the xinetd.d directory?
bpcd
bpjava-msvc
vopied

b.hswe AT genaissance DOT com writes:
>I installed NetBackup 3.4 on RedHat 6.1 and was able to successfully
>backup the linux client.  After I upgraded, however, to RedHat 7.1, I
>can push the binaries out to the linux client, but I continually get
>error code 58 when I attempt a backup.
>
>Has anyone successfully backed up a RedHat 7.1 client with NetBackup
>3.4?  The master server and media server are running Solaris 8. I ran
>chkconfig --list and the appropriate netbackup daemons are running.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Barbara Hswe

Gregory Floro                            T. 212-502-9475
IT Manager                                 F. 212-594-1709
Photobition NY                           gregory.floro AT photobition DOT com
"Press any key to continue or any other key to quit!"