Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Filtering Media Ids

2001-08-01 04:22:10
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Filtering Media Ids
From: andyskates AT iname DOT com (Andy Skates)
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 09:22:10 +0100
Is it possible to filter which media a Master/Media Server accesses?

We have two NBU environments (DataCentre 3.4 running under NT 4), that
access
the same STK mainframe controlled silo, using STKs LibAttach software to
connect to Library Station Manager.

The mainframe software has been setup to have a scratch pool of NBU media
(to stop the mainframe using the NBU tapes and vice versa).

However, we can't get the mainframe to allocated different ranges of media
to the 2 NBU Master Servers. When we run an inventory from both Master
Servers,
they see ALL the NBU media in the silo.

I want to stop NBU from allocating a certain range.

Is there a filter that can be put into VM.CONF?

Thanks,

Andy Skates
Project Technician
Legal & General Assurance PLC