Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] New Questions from the NetBackup FAQ

2001-08-01 01:51:46
Subject: [Veritas-bu] New Questions from the NetBackup FAQ
From: curtis AT backupcentral DOT com (W. Curtis Preston)
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 22:51:46 -0700
As you probably already know, there is a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
list for this mailing list.  Since this FAQ can be updated by every member
of this mailing list via their web browser, it's constantly being kept up
to date.  The list below contains the questions that have been added or
updated within the last month.

Feel free to browse these links to increase your knowledge.  Even better,
we'd really appreciate your help in maintaining the FAQ!  To do so, you
simply need to get a free Backup Central User ID, and click on "Append
To This Answer," or "Add a New Answer" within the FAQ-O-Matic display.

You can get your Backup Central ID at:
http://www.backupcentral.com/register.html

You can browse the FAQ at:
http://www.backupcentral.com/foms/netbackup-serve/cache/1.html

Questions added or updated in the last month:

How do I obtain a copy of the FAQ?:
http://www.backupcentral.com/foms/netbackup-serve/cache/27.html

What is the one command that can give me ALL of the information about a
backup job?:
http://www.backupcentral.com/foms/netbackup-serve/cache/174.html

How can I create and delete drives from the command line?:
http://www.backupcentral.com/foms/netbackup-serve/cache/176.html

How do I know if I have a volume that is FROZEN or SUSPENDED?:
http://www.backupcentral.com/foms/netbackup-serve/cache/180.html

How do I restore a tape using just the "tar" command?:
http://www.backupcentral.com/foms/netbackup-serve/cache/192.html

What's the difference between the media manager expiration date (given by
vmquery) and NetBackup's expiration date (given by bpmedialist)?:
http://www.backupcentral.com/foms/netbackup-serve/cache/198.html

What is the format of bpstulist?:
http://www.backupcentral.com/foms/netbackup-serve/cache/199.html

How do I use an alternate media server for a restore?:
http://www.backupcentral.com/foms/netbackup-serve/cache/200.html

---
W. Curtis Preston
Principal Consultant for Storage Designs,   your storage experts
Voice: 760 710 7017                            Fax: 760 710 7019
Webmaster: http://www.backupcentral.com curtis AT backupcentral DOT com