Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Changing the retention period. An answer to the question

2001-07-30 20:31:21
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Changing the retention period. An answer to the question
From: pboyle AT esri DOT com (Patrick Boyle)
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 17:31:21 -0700
I was digging around for how to change the retention period of backups
for a particular client... there are some ideas out there, but I believe
this one provides more options in a single email.   So here's my 2 cents.

root@boreal (177) # pwd
/boreal1/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd
root@boreal (177) # ./bpexpdate -recalculate -ret 9 -sched 0 -client
sprocket -class NT_Server_C5

Here, we are going to command bpexpdate to recalculate the retention period
of the -SCHED = 0 (FULLS) for the -CLIENT = sprocket, and only for
those backups that are from the -CLASS = NT_Server_C5, setting the retention

period to INFINITY.

legal values for sched: 0=full,1=differential
incr,2=user,3=arch,4=cumulative incr
legal values for ret: ...  4=2months, ... 8=1 year, 9=INFINITY...
(I believe 'ret' can be adjusted but this is the default.)

Patrick Boyle
ESRI Systems Administration
Voice:          [909] 793-2853  Ext. 1-1461
Numeric Pager:  [909] 777-2791
E-mail:         PBoyle AT esri DOT com