Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup issue related with Netapp filers

2001-07-30 23:19:29
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup issue related with Netapp filers
From: shahrk AT hotmail DOT com (rajesh shah)
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 23:19:29
Hi,
  We are running Veritas Netbackup 3.4 on Solaris 2.6 server. In our
enviornment we have P3000 Storage Juke Box having 12 DLT Drives in it.We
have 3 Netapp filers which are directly attach to P3000 using dedicated SCSI
cable (NDMP method). Each NetApp filer controlers 4 DLT drive.
Solaris 2.6 Server just work as a master server and there is no scsi
connection between sun server and P3000 storage juke box.

Our problem is this-
In our schedule backup we can't utilize all the 4 drive which are assigned
to one NetApp filers.Every times only one DLT drive is active and rest 3
drive for that particular filers just sit ideal.
Because of this issue every day we are not able to take do our complete
backup on each filers.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Rajesh Shah