Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Changing client OS type

2001-07-30 12:58:14
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Changing client OS type
From: Tim.McMurphy AT telus DOT com (Tim McMurphy)
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 10:58:14 -0600
I know that Solaris 8 and 7 are just links to the Solaris 2.6 binaries
but....

we have recently upgraded several clients from 2.6 to 8 and I want to update
netbackup with the correct information. The only way I can see to do this is
to delete the old client and add it again as a new client.

1) Is there a way to change the OS type of a client on the master?

2) If I delete the client then add it what do I lose? I assume I can't
browse for restores for the client if I delete it.

Thanks