Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Database Restores Fail

2001-07-29 20:19:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Database Restores Fail
From: jab AT swoop.2y DOT net (Jeffrey Barber)
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 17:19:01 -0700

------_=_NextPart_001_01C1188D.3BAD2D50

I am running NBU 3.4.1GA. I am trying to push an Oracle Restore down to a
client from the NBU Administrator console. When I do this it sits for about
5 mins then fails. I have another client that has MS SQL and the same thing
happens. Are you supposed to be able to push restores down from the Master
server or do you have to initiate restores from the client side?

We do not allow our clients to initiate any backup or restores which is why
I am trying to push it down to them.

If there are Doc's on how to push it down from the Master server, can some
one tell me where it is?

Thanks a bunch

Jeffrey 'J' Barber

When I see the sea once more,
would the sea have seen or not seen me?

------_=_NextPart_001_01C1188D.3BAD2D50

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2650.12">
<TITLE>Database Restores Fail</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I am running NBU 3.4.1GA. I am trying =
to push an Oracle Restore down to a client from the NBU Administrator =
console. When I do this it sits for about 5 mins then fails. I have =
another client that has MS SQL and the same thing happens. Are you =
supposed to be able to push restores down from the Master server or do =
you have to initiate restores from the client side?</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">We do not allow our clients to =
initiate any backup or restores which is why I am trying to push it =
down to them.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">If there are Doc's on how to push it =
down from the Master server, can some one tell me where it is?</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Thanks a bunch</FONT>
</P>

<P><B><FONT COLOR=3D"#800000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">Jeffrey 'J' =
Barber</FONT></B>
</P>

<P><FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">When I see the =
sea once more,</FONT>
<BR><FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">would the sea =
have seen or not seen me?</FONT>
</P>
<BR>

</BODY>