Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Stuck DLT Drives in an L700 ?

2001-07-23 09:04:49
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Stuck DLT Drives in an L700 ?
From: BRohloff.CSC AT SIKORSKY DOT COM (Rohloff, Brent CSC)
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 09:04:49 -0400
DLT drives are getting tapes stuck in them ?

I've got a StorageTek L700 with four DLT drives,
DataCenter 3.4, Solaris 2.6

Over the past 6 months, occasionally a drive would get a tape hung in it.
The StorageTek Tech said it looked like the eject lever broke and replaced
two of the drives.

I had three of the four drives get hung up this weekend, including one of
the replaced drives.
The fourth drive worked until this morning, when it went to change tapes, it
got stuck too.

Now all four drives are hung up and the StorageTek guy is on the way.

Has anyone seen this ?
Could it be the robot is breaking the eject levers on the drives ?

I tried upping the drives from NetBackup,
tried ejecting the tape from the L700 front panel,
tried opening the L700 and pushing the button and lever on one of the
drives.
No luck,

Thanks in Advance,
Brent