Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Slow Backups

2001-07-18 09:59:27
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Slow Backups
From: charles.somogyi AT bms DOT com (Charles R Somogyi)
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 09:59:27 -0400
--------------F4B4E38D443C6060D26F47A3

Hello All:

I know this is a very generic question, but has anybody run into
slow backups (i'm sure you have)? It seems that all of a sudden
we went from backing up 15-20GB an hour/drive to approx 2-5
GB/drive. We are not using SAN or SSO; simple L700's/STK9710's
connected to Masters (HP-UX 11.00/NB 3.2) via fiber to scsi
bridges. We have Network and EMC teams looking into the issue;
there is no slow down in the client's applications.

Just looking for any input on what "may" be causing this from a
NetBAckup side.

Thanks.

Charlie Somogyi
Princeton, NJ
BMS

--------------F4B4E38D443C6060D26F47A3

Hello All:
backups (i'm sure you have)? It seems that all of a sudden we went from
backing up 15-20GB an hour/drive to approx 2-5 GB/drive. We are not using
SAN or SSO; simple L700's/STK9710's connected to Masters (HP-UX 11.00/NB
3.2) via fiber to scsi bridges. We have Network and EMC teams looking into
the issue; there is no slow down in the client's applications.
a NetBAckup side.

--------------F4B4E38D443C6060D26F47A3--