Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backing up W2K Using NBU 3.2GA

2001-07-12 10:51:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backing up W2K Using NBU 3.2GA
From: dfdwyer AT tecoenergy DOT com (Dennis Dwyer)
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 10:51:26 -0400
I know NBU 3.2GA doesn't support backing up the Active Directory but can I back
up the rest of a W2K server using NBU 3.2GA? The tech guys that manage the NT
platforms are converting our domain controller servers to W2K. As I understand
it, they are executing a scheduled on the servers to back up the Active
Directory to a flat file. They want to know if I can include these W2K servers
in my regular backup streams to get everything else (including their flat file).

If all this can be done, do I need a different client agent? I know W2K is
supported under 3.4 (which I don't have yet) but will the 3.2GA NT client work
on a W2K server.

Regards,
Dennis