Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] tape eject

2001-07-11 12:48:27
Subject: [Veritas-bu] tape eject
From: AhrensJ AT psi DOT ca (Jason Ahrens)
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 12:48:27 -0400
You want tldtest for that. The only caveat is taht you require the /dev
device name. I am trying to figure out how to convert from user defined name
to this. T he 's i' command in tldtest will list the contents of the CAP.
You can use echo, wc, and pipes to count the number of slots used or free:

example to count the number of free CAP slots: echo "s i"|tldtest -r
/dev/sg/c4t0l0|grep 'full = 0'|wc -l

'full = 0' indicates that the CAP slot if empty. 'full = 1' indicates it is
full.

Remember that if the CAP needs to be scanned, this command can take several
seconds to complete (hardware dependent I'm sure)

Jason