Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Crash Recovery procedure on Solaris clients

2001-07-11 06:02:37
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Crash Recovery procedure on Solaris clients
From: mpareja AT iddeo DOT es (Mario Pareja)
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 12:02:37 +0200
First of all, hi all the group:

A simple question: anybody knows the necessary steps to proceed with a
'succesful' crash recovery backup on Sun Solaris clients? (2.5 and Solaris
2.6 versions, basically)

We have been trying doing a "all filesystems - standard hot backup" but,
after doing the restore procedure, that doesn't seems to work (the machine
doesnt' boot up).

After that, we tried with a 'cold backup' (filesystems not in use and
no-open files). This seems to work; in fact, the machine tries to boot up,
but several ASCII characters appears at the screen, and a lot of
laddered-lines and lines fills it rapidly.

Anyone knows where the problem might be? I repeat, we are using the
'standard' hot/cold backup procedure of the system filesystems, but unable
to make it work when booting the OS.

Any other kind of backup/ restore on these clients works just fine.

All responses are welcome!

Many thank in advanced.

PS: We are using 'Veritas NetBackup Datacenter 3.4GA' in a IRIX 6.5 master
server with the last pach aviable applied (P0850697_235548). The client
machines involved in the process are SUN Enterprise 220.

Mario Pareja Nieto
Área de Sistemas-OPENET
Iddeo-Retevisión I, S. A.
mailto:mpareja AT iddeo DOT es