Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] 96 errors

2001-07-09 13:01:46
Subject: [Veritas-bu] 96 errors
From: rguyon777 AT yahoo DOT com (Roland Guyon)
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 10:01:46 -0700 (PDT)
Please help,

I have been receiving 96 error codes (no media/tape
available for backup) however i have at least 20 to 30

tapes in the library.
Dug into it a little and found out that tape selection

is rejecting about 95% of the available tapes due to
being frozen, suspended, or max mount.
I only have maybe 7 tapes which are max mounted.
Why are the rest frozen or suspended?
Any tips on how to get to the bottom of this?
I have looked at bmtp logs, ran support and available
media but does not tell me much, only shows me a few
96 error code.
what should i look for?

thank you,
-roland