Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NIS+ and User backups

2001-07-03 00:21:49
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NIS+ and User backups
From: dallen AT axa.com DOT au (dallen AT axa.com DOT au)
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 14:21:49 +1000
Hello all,

I am seeing an error message whenever I submit a User backup. I believe it
is related to NIS+ being setup recently.
The backup fails with Status Code 11 : System CallFailed
The following error message is seen in the logs:

mpx_setup_shm: could not getpwnam() for user dallen

Backups which run under root or oracle work fine, but those userid's are
not defined to NIS+.
Netbackup is 3.4.  O/S is HPUX 11.

Does anyone have a soution for this problem?

Thanks
Dean

Important Note
This email (including any attachments) contains information which is
confidential and may be subject to legal privilege.  If you are not
the intended recipient you must not use, distribute or copy this
email.  If you have received this email in error please notify the
sender immediately and delete this email. Any views expressed in this
email are not necessarily the views of AXA.   Thank you.