Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] L700/One backup at a time

2001-07-02 11:51:08
Subject: [Veritas-bu] L700/One backup at a time
From: charles.somogyi AT bms DOT com (Charles R Somogyi)
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 11:51:08 -0400
Hello all:

Running into something I have never seen before. We have an L700
(20 DLT 7000 drives)/HPUX 11.00 Master/HPUX 11.00 Media Server;
this has been up and running for the past several months but all
of a sudden, only one drive can be used at a time during backups;
20 jobs get kicked off and they complete one at a time but use
multiple drives (one job finishes on one drive, then the next job
kicks off on another drive, so on and so on). Plenty of scratch
tapes, STU set to 20 drives, bounced media server, recycled all
daemons, recent firmware on robot, tpconfig looks good. Not sure
where else to look.

Anybody?

(NBU 3.2)

Thanks.