Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Daily Backup Status reports

2001-06-28 09:05:41
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Daily Backup Status reports
From: David A. Chapa" <david AT xbpadm-commands DOT com (David A. Chapa)
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 06:05:41 -0700 (PDT)
EVERY JOB.

I don't use this feature at all...just scripts, etc.

David

Quoting "W. Curtis Preston" <curtis AT backupcentral DOT com>:

> Just realize that you're going to get an email PER
JOB, or is it only when
> jobs fail?
> I know that the emailing is per job, though.  Since I
_NEVER_ use this
> facility, I can't remember.
>
> I do my own reporting with scripts and bpdbjobs,
bperror, etc.

> At 07:24 AM 6/26/2001 -0400, Gregory Floro wrote:
> > >From the GUI:
> >Configure > System Configuration > Global Attributes
> >enter email address for notificatons
> >
> >markjessup AT northwesternmutual DOT com writes:
> > >I am relatively new to Netbackup and was wondering
if there was a way to
> > >automatically send a daily backup status report
via email to
> > >adminstrators, etc so that when I come in the next
morning, I have an
> > >email report waiting that shows the status of all
my backups from last
> > >night, success or failure.  I know I can create
reports via the GUI but
> > >I just want a daily summary report sent out via
email.  Is this
> > >capability built in the product or do I need the
Advanced Reporter to do
> > >this?  Thanks!
> > >

> > >Mark Jessup
> > >IS Manager, Enterprise Storage and Output
Management

********************
> >Gregory Floro                            T. 212-502-
9475
> >IT Manager                                 F. 212-
594-1709
> >Photobition NY
gregory.floro AT photobition DOT com
> >"Press any key to continue or any other key to quit!"

bu

> ---
> W. Curtis Preston
> Principal Consultant for Storage Designs, your
storage experts
> Webmaster: http://www.backupcentral.com Phone: 760
653 1007

bu

David A. Chapa
Consulting Manager
DataStaff, Inc.
847 413 1144
http://www.consulting.datastaff.com
http://www.xbpadm-commands.com
NBU-LSERV AT datastaff DOT com - Adv. Scripting