Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Expiration options

2001-06-27 11:55:45
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Expiration options
From: Peter.Jones AT yourcommunications.co DOT uk (Jones, Peter)
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 16:55:45 +0100
Thanks for all your comments.

Looking at the procedure that you sent to me (David), do I need to move a
copy of volDB from the media server to the master server as when I perform a
robot inventory will it not be overwritten?
The procedure I'm planning on doing so far is:

Backup netbackup databases
Move all media to standalone
Stop media manager daemons on all servers
Use tpconfig on all servers to point to new volume database host
Move volDB on media server sideways
Start media manager daemons on all server
Perform robot inventory
Test backup and restore

Regards
Peter Jones