Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] vmd address

2001-06-24 18:44:40
Subject: [Veritas-bu] vmd address
From: solarisguy AT hotmail DOT com (Solaris Guy)
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2001 18:44:40
Greetings,

I am having an issue when starting xdevadm.  I get the following error
message:

could not start oprd on host hostname
cannot connect to vmd

Now after enabling logging I determined via
/opt/openv/volmgr/debug/reqlib/log* that the software was attempting to use
and address that was incorrect.  vmd address = 10.11.12.13 should have been
192.168.x.x whatever.

Does anyone know where this resides so I can change it.  The IP is correct
for my hostname in my /etc/hosts file.  Within the vm.conf file I have tried
it pointing to host as 'hostname' and by IP address and neither are working.

Does anyone know where my error may reside?

Thanks in advance,

Bob