Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Status 84's (fwd)

2001-06-22 21:27:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Status 84's (fwd)
From: fx AT Veritas DOT com (fx [François-Xavier Peretmere])
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2001 03:27:31 +0200

 [ ... ]
> Question?  The drives that were replaced are not showing up when I do
> and sgscan all.  NetBackup will down the drives if it tries
> to use them.

 if sgscan doesn't show the drives, then you have a problem and
the media manager is unlikely to use the drives. first step is
to have the drive seen by the media manager.

> How do I get them back so the OS recognizes them?

 depends. too many potential failures: faulty or missing driver,
bad st.conf, broken /devices links, bad FC cable, misconfigured
FC switch... you have to check everything from bottom to the top
to find the culprit.

> robtest looks like it did before STK came.  We are a fiber
> connected/SSO shop.  The robot can mount and move things around
> okay.

 if you didn't change anything for the robotic control, then
it's normal you can move things inside - this has nothing to do
with the drives, it's the robot which is working.

 Amicalement,
              fx

#include <VRTS/disclaimer.h>
--
     fx AT veritas DOT com       | Login incorrect.
François-Xavier Peretmere | Only perfect spellers may