Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Re: start notify and multiple data streams

2001-06-21 15:01:43
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Re: start notify and multiple data streams
From: John_Wang AT enron DOT net (John_Wang AT enron DOT net)
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 14:01:43 -0500
Hello Curtis

I do like that wrapping a class inside a class bit.   Could help with reporting
and action synchronization across multiple hosts as well.

Thanks.

Regards,
John I Wang
Sr. Systems Engineer
Steverson Information Professionals

---
Enron Networks
Enron Building room 3427e
ph (713) 345-4888
cell (832) 493-1263
fax (713) 646-8462
pg pagejwang AT skytel DOT com or 1-877-390-4155

|--------+------------------------>
|        |          curtis@backupc|
|        |          entral.com    |
|        |                        |
|        |          06/21/01 12:38|
|        |          PM            |
|        |                        |
|--------+------------------------>
  >--------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |       To:     morms AT es DOT com                                         |
  |       cc:     veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu, (bcc: John        |
  |       Wang/Contractor/Enron Communications)                        |
  |       Subject:     RE: [Veritas-bu] Re: start notify and multiple  |
  |       data streams                                                 |
  >--------------------------------------------------------------------|

The dedicated tape kind of removes the possibility of jobs remaining queued.

You might want to look at the other fix for this problem, though.  It's
pretty easy.

You create a class that calls another class.  The class that calls the
second class actually runs the bpstart_notify, and the second class does
the backing up and multistreaming.

At 10:50 AM 6/21/2001 -0600, you wrote:
>The last thing in the bpstart_notify is sleep 180 (independent of stream
>number), which gives us plenty of time for our database scripts to complete.
>
>We have a dedicated oracle tape drive and do not run multiple clients in the
>same class.  It seems to me that it would be odd for some of a client's jobs
>to remain in queue at the same point in time that all the client's active
>jobs are completed.  Or at least, I have not seen that unless there was some
>other issue.  Am I missing something?
>I am relatively unfamiliar with NetBackup, I appreciate all the productive
>input.

---
W. Curtis Preston
Principal Consultant for Storage Designs, your storage experts
Webmaster: http://www.backupcentral.com Phone: 760 631 7991